Things You Can Do to Be More Positive
Do you have that friend who is always negative and thinks the glass is half empty? Negativity can come in many forms, including cynicism, criticism, whining, attacking, pessimism, discontent, perfectionism, and hyperintensity. All of these behaviors can push people away. If you or someone close to you is always negative, there are ways to help you get out of that negative place. People can change their pattern of negative thinking but they have to want to change.
Here are some things you can do to be more positive:
• Avoid negative self-talk and stay positive, focusing on the good.
• Be more open-minded, expand your boundaries, and push yourself to try something new.
• Cultivate gratitude and be appreciative of what you have.
• Do something that makes you smile, like play with your dog, get a pedicure, or go watch a sunset.
• Eat healthy foods. Food is fuel. If all you eat is junk, you are going to feel bad.
• Exercise and enjoy all the endorphins that make you feel better inside and out.
• Forgive yourself and move on. Don’t let the past dictate your future. Everyone deserves a clean slate. Start fresh and without anything weighing you down.
• Get enough sleep. Being overtired can make you cranky. Sooner or later, you have to catch up on your Zs.
• Help others and you will be surprised how good you feel inside.
• Practice mindfulness, slow down, and enjoy the moment.
• Seek professional help; it’s okay to not be okay and ask for help.
• Surround yourself with positive people. Negativity can suck the life out of you.
• Use words of affirmation to help focus on the positive.