Advice You Would Give Your Younger Self
We are never too old or too young to learn from those who are older and wiser. Older generations often talk about what they wish they knew back in the day—advice they would have given their younger selves so they wouldn’t have worried so much about the small stuff. We’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite words of wisdom as a gentle reminder we all could use.
1. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short—enjoy it.
4. You don’t have to win every argument. Stay true to yourself.
5. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
6. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
7. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
8. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
9. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful. Clutter weighs you down in many ways.
10. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
11. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
12. The most important sex organ is the brain.
13. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
14. Frame every so-called disaster with this question: In five years, will this matter?
15. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
16. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.
17. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, and show up.
18. Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.